THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, January 31, 2010

52nd Annual Grammy Awards

Tonight was the "52nd Annual Grammy Awards" and for those of you who are as obsessed with music as I am then you know that the Grammy's are like Christmas. I was going to give you a list of all the winners but then I realized that it would take me forever to do that because I wanted to give you my opinions on each and every one. So as you can see if I wrote down every winner plus my thoughts on them we would be here for days and that's no fun. Therefore I have decided to only talk about my favorite and least favorite performances and i'll talk about the four biggest categories in my book. Lets get started.
My favorite performance was Beyonce's. I thought she rocked the house with her compilation of If I Were A Boy and Alanis Morissettes song You Outta Know. Beyonce has one of the greatest voices ever in my opinion and she definatly didn't dissapoint me tonight. With her killer vocals and her amazing dance skills I don't know how you couldn't love her performance.
The other performance I loved was the tribute for Michael Jackson which was done by Celine Dion, Jennifer Hudson, Carrie Underwood, Smokey Robinson and Usher. The clips behind the performers was done in 3-D and they showed the greatest pictures of MJ. As I looked at the pictures of Michael and as I listened to the words in the song I started to cry. He truely is the King and his music and his beautiful soul will live forever.
My least favorite performance of the night was that of Taylor Swift and musical legend Stevie Nicks. You do not know how much it hurts me to write that but I'm here to tell the truth and that my dear friends is the honest truth. I was so stoked for Taylors performance because I think she is unbelievable. She is my favorite female artist so you can imagine how excited I was. But I felt like through the whole performance I was waiting for something amazing to happen and it never did. The only thing good about it-in my opinion-was the way Taylors and Stevies voices sounded together. But i'm telling you when they started to sing You Belong With Me I felt like I was watching an episode of Hee Haw. I sincerely hope that future performances by my dear Taylor are much better than tonights.
Okay so on to the awards.

Album of the Year is the most important award and this year it went to Taylor Swift for her second album Fearless. Even though I was still upset over her not so stellar performance I wasn't to upset to not freak out over her win. I recently reviewed this album so if you've read it you understand why she won this award. The nominees in this category were:
Taylor Swift (Fearless)
Beyonce (I Am...Sasha Fierce)
The Black Eyes Peas (The E.N.D.)
Lady Gaga (The Fame)
and
Dave Matthews Band (Big Whiskey And The Groogrux King)
All of the nominees deserved to be there but Taylor deserved the win and i'm so glad that she got it. When she received the award she did make me tear up because she was so happy and her acceptance speech was so sweet and sincere. Congradulations Taylor Swift!
Next up we have...
Record of The Year
The nominees were:
Kings of Leon with Use Somebody
Beyonce with Halo
Black Eyed Peas with I Gotta Feeling
Lady Gaga with Poker Face
and
Taylor Swift with You Belong With Me
And the Grammy went to...Kings of Leon with Use Somebody! *crowd cheers*
I will not lie to you so believe me when I say that I was shocked when this award went to Kings of Leon. I am a huge fan of theirs don't get me wrong but I was certain that the award would go to Taylor Swift or Beyonce. That said Kings of Leon is a great group and they deserve this award. Their album "Only By The Night" is one of my all time favorites and i'll be reviewing it soon. Caleb Followill-the lead singer-has on of the most original and sexy voices i've ever heard. You'll read this when I review the bands album but i'll say it now too, go out and buy their music! Alright lets keep this going. Next we have...
Song of The Year
The nominees were:
Single Ladies(Put A Ring On It) by Beyonce
Poker Face by Lady Gaga
Pretty Wings by Maxwell
Use Somebody by Kings of Leon
and
You Belong With Me by Taylor Swift
The Grammy went to Beyonce for her "greatest video of all time" (according to Kanye atleast) Single Ladies. I disagree with this award going to Beyonce because I think that You Belong With Me is a better song and Taylor Swift deserved this award. But I can't change that so congradulations Beyonce.
The last award i'll be talking about is...
Best New Artist
The nominees were:
Zac Brown Band
Keri Hilson
MGMT
Silversun Pickups
and
The Ting Tings
And the Grammy went to Zac Brown Band. I'm not trying to brag here but I knew they would win this award. This is the kind of band you listen to when you're chilling out at a barbeque with your friends and family. They just make you smile and have a good time. They deserved this win in my book but I also would have liked to see MGMT take this one.
So there you have it folks my opinions on the Grammys. If you watched them or you saw clips of them leave me a comment and let me know what your thoughts were. Also if you'd like to check out the complete list of winners and nominees go to www.grammy.com/nominees
Keep on rockin' out my fellow music lovers!
-Kayleigh

1 comments:

Viva La Fashion said...

i love the grammy's. :)