THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Taylor Swift

Taylor Swift "Fearless" 2008

Fearless: I've read that Taylor Swift said that this song is "about the perfect first date I haven't had yet" This song really is about the perfect first date. The girl in the song is so crazy about this boy and she gets butterflys everytime she's near him. She would do anything for this boy and when she's with him she's going to be fearless. I love this song because she talks about everything you feel when you are out with someone you really care about. "Well you stood there with me in the doorway my hands shake, i'm not usually this way but you pull me in and i'm a little more brave. It's a first kiss, it's flawless, really something..it's fearless."

Fifteen: These are some of the greatest lyrics of all time in my opinion. Written all by Taylor this song talks about what it's like when you are fifteen. When I heard this song for the first time I almost cried because it's so beautiful. Also when I heard it I was speechless because every word in this song is exactly how I felt when I was fifteen. It talks about how when you are that age something like not getting a boy to like you feels like the end of the world. How when you are fifteen you believe a lot more than you do when you are older. In the booklet you get with the cd you can read that Taylor Swift said when she was recording this song she cried and if you take my word for it and give it a listen you'll understand why.

Love Story: I'm pretty sure that almost everyone has heard this song because when it first came out it was SUPER huge. The song is great the video is beautiful and as usual Taylor Swift is amazing. This song is about the "Romeo and Juliet" type romance. She's in love with this boy who's perfect in every way to her and he loves her too. They have some hard times because the father doesn't want them to be together but then in the end they have their fairytale romance. This is the song that should play in Disney movies when the princess finally gets her prince. "Romeo take me somewhere we can be alone. I'll be waiting all there's left to do is run. You'll be the prince and i'll be the princess it's a love story baby just say yes."

Hey Stephen: I like this song because it's about a boy that she can't help but have a crush on. He's so sweet and cute that she really cannot stop herself from liking him. This is a very happy song that kind of reminds me of the song Stay Beautiful off of Taylors first album Taylor Swift. It's not like a lot of songs where the song is about how deeply they love someone. This song is a light and fun song about a boy she's crushing on. Do not quote me on this but I read that this song was written about Stephen from Love And Theft which was a band that opened for her on one of her tours.

White Horse: I love this song. Man does Taylor Swift know how to write the best break-up songs. This song is about a boy who cheats on her (as you can see in the music video) but it's not as angry and fast as Should've Said No and Picture to Burn. Those two are the perfect "my boyfriend cheated on me, it's been a few days and now i'm not hurt i'm just pissed off" songs. White Horse is the perfect "my boyfriend cheated on me, I just found out about it and now i'm heartbroken" song. In the song he's trying to get back with her but she can't forgive him. She says that she isn't a princess and their love wasn't a fairytale and she knows this now. But then at the end she says that she's going to find that true fairytale love someday, which is something I think everyone should believe in. "I'm not your princess, this ain't our fairytale but i'm gonna find someone someday who might actually treat me well."

You Belong With Me: Let me ask you something. Is their a guy you're friends with that you have a mad crush on but he doesn't know? Are you the kind of girl that dances around your room and you're just a complete goof? Are you the one that's on the bleachers instead of being out on the field with the cheerleaders? The kind of girl who wears t-shirts instead of short skirts? Well if you answered yes to those then you really should listen to this song, I mean it's as if it was written for you. This song is a very fun song that will make you get up and sing along with it but it also has a great meaning. No wonder it's gotten all the success it has.

Breathe: This is another breakup song but it's very different from White Horse. This song is about a breakup that she didn't really want to happen but it was inevitable. It breaks her heart to break up with him and see him hurt but she knows deep down that they aren't meant for eachother. I think many of us can relate to this song because sometimes you are with someone who you truely love. You know them so well and you don't know what to do without them, but you know that you aren't the ones for eachother and you must move on. "Music starts playing like the end of a sad movie, it's the kinda ending you don't really wanna see. Cause it's tragedy and it'll only bring you down, now I don't know what to be without you around. And we know it's never simple never easy, never a clean break no one here to save me. You're the only thing I know like the back of my hand. And I can't breathe without you, but I have to breathe without you."

Tell Me Why: Fantastique song because oh so many of us have been there. You're dating a guy and he is a complete jerk. He's constantly bringing you down and you try to look past it because you love him but you can't. All you want to do is ask him why he is treating you so badly. He thinks that you're bulletproof but you're not. He doesn't seem to realize that the words he says and the things he does hurt you. "I'm sick and tired of your attitude, i'm feeling like I don't know you. You tell me that you love me then cut me down. And I need you like a heartbeat but you know you got a mean streak, makes me run for cover when you're around. And here's to you and your temper yes I remember what you said last night. And I know that you see what you're doing to me, tell me why."

You're Not Sorry: Our dearest Taylor Swift does it again. What has she done you ask? She has yet again written a fantastique song that you feel was written about you. "All this time I was wasting hoping you would come around. I've been giving out chances every time and all you do is let me down." This is about a guy who only wants to be with you when he isn't busy with other girls. It doesn't matter to him at all how you feel. You like him so much so you keep waiting for him to change even when it's obvious he's not going to. Then one day you wake up and realize that his sorry's don't mean a thing and you shouldn't be sitting around waiting for him. "You don't have to call anymore, I won't pick up the phone. This is the last straw, don't wanna hurt anymore. And you can tell me that you're sorry but I don't believe you baby like I did before. You're not sorry..no no no."

The Way I Loved You: Remember what I said about Taylor Swift having a song for everything you've ever felt? Not trying to toot my own horn here but I was right. So many of us have felt everything that is in this song. She is talking about a boy who seems perfect, a prince charming of sorts. He treats her so well and he gets along with her family. All of her friends are jealous that she's found him and she really couldn't ask for anything more. "He opens up my door and I get into his car and he says you look beautiful tonight, and I feel perfectly fine." He may be prince charming but he is absolutly one hundred percent nothing she wants. What she wants is what she had with her ex boyfriend. Even though they could fight like crazy and he'd make her insane she's in love with him. "I miss screaming and fighting and kissing in the rain. And it's 2am and i'm cursing your name. You're so in love that you act insane and that's the way I loved you."

Forever And Always: If you saw Taylor on The Ellen DeGeneres Show then you know that this song was written about our dear Joe Jonas from The Jonas Brothers. If you keep up on all of that celebrity gossip then you know that Joe and Taylor dated and he broke up with her. In typical Taylor fashion instead of getting upset about it she wrote a song about it. You can relate to this song because it's about how she cares for this guy and he told her he loves her and he wants to be with her always. But then they start drifting apart and he doesn't call her as much. Next thing you know BAM he breaks up with you. So if you're going through something like that then here you go check out this song.

The Best Day: This song was written by Taylor for her mom Andrea. It's one of the sweetest songs I think ever written. She talks about how great her mom is and how she's always been there for her. Taylors mom is her best friend so if you can relate to that then I definatly think you should check out this song. "I know you were on my side even when I was wrong. And I love you for giving me your eyes. Staying back and watching me shine and I didn't know if you knew so I'm taking this chance to say that I had the best day with you today."

Change: This song is about not giving up and keeping your head held high even when everythings wrong and it doesn't look like it's ever going to get better. If you work hard and you stay positive then things will change. "Tonight we stand, got off our knees. Fight for what we've worked for all these years. And the battle was long, it's the fight of our lives. But we'll stand up champions tonight. It was the night things changed. Do you see it now? These walls that they put up to hold us back fell down. It's a revolution, throw your hands up cause we never gave in."

BONUS

Jump Then Fall: I read that Taylor said that this song is about "taking a chance and falling desperatly into a summer love." This song is so sweet it makes you smile. She's absolutly crazy about this boy and she can't get enough of him. "I like the way you sound in the morning. We're on the phone and without a warning I realize your laugh is the best sound i've ever heard." I feel like the boy in this song might have had a really bad break up or something and now feels scared to get into a relationship. She's saying that he doesn't need to worry about getting his heart broken because she would never hurt him. "Whoa i'm feeling you baby. Don't be afraid to jump then fall. Jump then fall into me. Baby i'm never gonna leave you. Say that you wanna be with me too. Cause i'm gonna stay through it all so jump then fall."

Untouchable: This song is about wanting someone so bad but you can't. You realize that you can't have them and you try and walk away. You try to forget these feelings that you have for them. But as soon as you see them again your left wanting them again. Left wanting someone who's untouchable. It's heartbreaking and unfortunatly many of us have gone through something just like this. (This is a cover song originally done by Luna Halo. I recommend listening to both versions. I like Luna Halo's version but I like Taylors more because the lyrics are more powerful when the song is slower and it's more of a ballad.)

Come In With The Rain: This song is about a guy who keeps playing games with this girl and it's hurting her but she loves him so she's always going to be there for him. She's not giving up on him but she's not going to chase him either. If he wants to step up and be with her then she'll be there waiting for him. If you feel like this then this is a song you should listen to, it will speak the words that you can't seem to.

SuperStar: I suppose this song could have two meanings. If you really dig deep then it could be about a boy that you have a crush on and put up on a pedestal. He's not a real superstar but to you he is. However I think it's about someone who actually is famous. You see these actors or singers and you wish that you could be with them. You have posters of them on your walls and you go to their concerts or watch their movies. You love them but you know that you can't have them because they are famous. So if you sit around and daydream about your celebrity crush then listen to this track. "So dim that spotlight, tell me things like I can't take my eyes off of you. I'm no one special just another wide eyed girl who's desperatly in love with you. Give me a photograph to hang on my wall. Superstar."

The Other Side Of The Door: Man oh man do I love this song. Almost every single girl out there can relate to this song, I know I can. I must be honest and say that I feel bad for guys sometimes because us girls can be rather confusing. We say we want you to leave us alone when sometimes that isn't what we want at all. We might say we don't need you but thats a big lie. That's why I love this song so much because that is what Taylor is talking about. This guy upset her and now because she's angry she's saying all of these things that she doesn't mean. Please please please listen to this song because it really is fantastique and SO relatable for us silly girls. "I said leave, but all I really want is you to stand outside my window throwing pebbles screaming i'm in love with you. Wait there in the pouring rain coming back for more. And don't you leave cause I know all I need is on the other side of the door."

Favorite Song Of Album: The Other Side Of The Door
Least Favorite Song On Album: Forever And Always

(The lyrics mentioned in this post do not belong to me. Copyright infrigement not intended.)

0 comments: