THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Skillet

Skillet "Awake" 2009

Hero: This song is one of my favorite songs of all time. The powerful vocals of John Cooper combined with drummer, Jen Ledgers fresh voice are insane together. There are times you feel like everythings wrong and nothing will ever be right. You feel you need to speak your mind and you need to take a stand but you can't. You feel like you just need some help, you need a hero. If you are ever feeling like this then I suggest you shut your door, turn this song on and blare it.

Monster: This song is the very first song I ever heard by Skillet and i'm so glad I did because it started this great love that I have for them. "The secret side of me I never let you see. I keep it caged but I can't control it. So stay away from me the beast is ugly. I feel the rage and I just can't hold it." Do not even try to tell me you've never felt that way. Nobody is perfect and everybody has a bad side. I think thats what they are saying in this song. You're going to have bad things pulling at you, it's how you deal with them that matters. Will you succomb to the darkness or will you fight back. This is an awesome rock song that makes you want to jump around and go crazy but also has a great meaning behind it.

Don't Wake Me: Beautiful and heartbreaking are the two words that come to mind when I hear this song. "Went to bed I was thinking about you, I wanna talk and laugh like we used to. When I see you in my dreams at night, it's so real but it's in my mind. And now I guess this is as good as it gets. Don't wake me 'cause I don't wanna leave this dream. Don't wake me 'cause I never seem to stay asleep enough when it's you i'm dreaming of, I don't want to wake up." This is a great song if you've lost someone close to you whether you were in a relationship with them or not. This song says exactly how you feel. You want to sleep because when your sleeping you get to be with them in your dreams. But when you wake up they are gone.

Awake And Alive: This is a song you crank up the volume to and prepare to go crazy. "I'm at war with the world and they try to pull me into the dark. I struggle to find my faith as i'm slipping from your arms. It's getting harder to stay awake and my strength is fading fast. You breathe into me at last." This song is great because we've all been here at one point. Skillet is a Christian rock band so most of their songs are in fact about God and I think that's one of the reasons I love this one so much. Many times you try so hard to be a good person but you feel like everything is pulling you towards the bad. It's hard to keep your faith in God when everything is going wrong but then you let him in. You keep breathing and pulling for that goodness deep inside and you overcome the bad things.

One Day To Late: One day to late is another great song by Skillet with some seriously powerful lyrics. You have to live like it's the last day of your life and that's what Skillet says in this song. "Today i'm gonna try a little harder, gonna make every minute last longer. Gonna learn to forgive and forget. 'Cause we don't have long, gonna make the most of it. Today i'm gonna love my enemies. Reach out to someone who needs me. Make a change, make the world a better place. 'Cause tomorrow could be one day to late."

It's Not Me It's You: I am in love with this song. We've all had someone in our lives who isn't a good person to have there. They make you feel like all the problems are because of you when really it's not you it's them. "It's not me its you. Always has been you. All the lies and stupid things you say and do it's you. It's not me it's you. All the lies and pain you put me through, I know that it's not me it's you." You can use this song for everyone who's ever made you feel this way but for most people this song will fit best for an ex. So if you've just gotten rid of someone in your life or you know you need to because they make you feel like this turn this song up and sing along.

Should've When You Could've: Many of us have been in a relationship where we cannot trust the person. You ask them where they've been all night long and they tell you not to worry about it, that the matters over. You know this person is cheating on you and you're done putting up with it. This person could have been the one for you but it's to late now. "You should've when you could've, you're gonna miss my love girl. You should it would've been so good. You should've when I would've. Now I know i've had enough, better luck next time girl. You should, it would've been so good."

Believe: Alright you're probably going to laugh at me on this one because this song reminds me of the main characters, Edward and Bella, in the Twilight series. If you have read the book or have seen the movie for New Moon you know that in it Edward tells Bella he doesn't love her anymore. But in reality that isn't the truth at all. He tells her all of this because he knows that she would be better off without him in her life. That is the reason this song reminds me of them. "If you believed when I said I'd be better off without you, then you never really knew me at all. If you believed when I said I wouldn't be thinking about you, you thought you knew the truth but you're wrong. You're all that I need, just tell me that you still believe." He's saying he needs her to know that everything he said was a lie. She is all that he wants and needs, and he just needs her to believe that.

Forgiven: When you first listen to this song it sounds like he is talking about a girl that he has been unfaithful to. But when you really listen to it you see he's talking about God. He is saying that he has done some bad things but he knows that God will forgive him. "All the promises and lies. All the times I compromise. All the times you were denied, you have forgiven."

Sometimes: Sometimes is an honest song in my opinion. It says in the lyrics "Sometimes I don't wanna be better. Sometimes I can't be put back together. Sometimes I find it hard to believe there's someone else who could be just as messed up as me." We've all felt like this before. You don't mean to be a jerk but you just are sometimes. You feel you can't ever be how you used to be. You don't believe that anyone else in the world could possibly feel the way you do when in reality many people do. This is obvious because in this song John is singing about how he feels the same way we do.

Never Surrender: Skillet is my favorite band because they are so honest and their lyrics always say exactly how I feel. Never Surrender is unbelievable because sometimes we don't want to be ourselves, we just want to surrender. But then we find faith in God or we have a friend or family member who helps us get through all of the bad things. John says in the song that he wants to feel better and he wants this person to stay with him and never surrender. This is a fantastique track that speaks the words that we have all felt at one point in time.

Lucy: This is probably one of the saddest songs i've ever heard. It is about a girl named Lucy who has passed away and this man is heartbroken about it. I was hearing other peoples theories about this song and one person said that they believe this song is about abuse. That the man who visits her grave is responsible for her death and now he wishes he could take it all back and see her face again. It's a heartbreaking song but also beautiful.

Favorite Song On Album: Hero
Least Favorite Song On Album: Lucy

(The lyrics mentioned in this post do not belong to me. Copyright infringement not intended.)

0 comments: