THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, January 25, 2010

Taylor Swift

Taylor Swift "Taylor Swift" 2006 (Deluxe, 2008)

Tim McGraw: This is the song that started it all. I love this song so much because it's so well written and so honest. It's about a summer love which many of us out there have had before. She talks about how much she cares about him and how they spent all of their time together, but then as soon as September comes things change and their summer romance comes to an end. After things are over between the two of them she hopes that when he hears this certain song he thinks of her. One of the reasons I love Taylor Swift is because she is so open and honest in her lyrics. For every mood you are in theres a Taylor Swift song for it.

Picture To Burn: Ever been cheated on? Really super pissed off about it? Well here's your song. Picture to Burn is about a guy that she dated and he cheated on her. She's saying that she doesn't care anymore and now he's just "another picture to burn." So many of us have felt like that before, so if you're going through something like this then this seriously is the perfect song for you. I also am a fan of this song because the lyrics are comical. "I hate that stupid old pickup truck you never let me drive. You're a redneck heartbreak who's really bad at lying. So watch me strike a match on all my wasted time, as far as i'm concerned you're just another picture to burn."

Teardrops On My Guitar: This is one of my favorite tracks off of this album because it's so relatable. Many people have had a crush on someone who doesn't like them back and that is what this song is about. She's in love with this boy who's her best friend and he's in love with someone else. She decides not to tell him her true feelings for him but inside she's heartbroken. She say's that this girl better give him all of her love because he's worth it. She is letting her own heart break so he can be happy with someone else. One of my favorite parts in this song is when she says, "So I drive home alone, as I turn out the light I'll put his picture down and maybe get some sleep tonight."

A Place In This World: Do you ever feel as if you don't fit in? Like you just don't know what you want, or who you are? Apperently Taylor Swift has felt the same way. A Place In This World is such a great song because we've all atleast once in our lives felt like we didn't fit in. We are all trying to make our mark, trying to find our place in this world. "I'm alone, on my own, and that's all I know. I'll be strong, I'll be wrong, oh but life goes on. I'm just a girl, trying to find a place in this world."

Cold As You: This song is about a girl who's in a relationship with a guy who isn't really that in to her. He's not putting his all into this relationship and she is. One of the lines I love in this song is, "So I start a fight cause I need to feel something and you do what you want cause i'm not what you wanted." He settled for her and she's resorting to starting fights just to get some emotion out of him. This song is the bitter truth and I think that is what makes it so fantastique.

The Outside: I read that this was one of the first songs Taylor Swift ever wrote. It's about how when she was younger she wasn't really in the "in" crowd. She talks about how they saw her but they never really got to know her, and maybe if they had they would have realized that she was worth getting to know. She is lonely being on the outside and she just wants them to atleast acknowledge that she's there.

Tied Together With A Smile: I know that most girls out there have felt like this and I am one of them. Sometimes you look in the mirror and don't see anything about yourself that you like. You can't see how truely beautiful you really are. Sometimes you want someone to love you and you'd do anything to get them to. You put on this fake smile so everyone thinks you're fine but on the inside you feel lost and broken. This song will definatly make you cry if you've ever felt like this. The lyrics are pure genius and unbelievably relatable. "Hold on baby you're losing it. The waters high you're jumping into it and letting go..and no one knows you cry, but you don't tell anyone that you might not be the golden one and you're tied together with a smile but you're coming undone."

Stay Beautiful: I think that this song is about a boy that she was in a relationship with and she knows every little thing about him. He is such an amazing person and he takes her breath away everytime he's near her. I think he must move away maybe for college or something because she say's that she hopes his life leads him back to her door someday. Then she says if they don't meet again she hopes he stays beautiful. This song is such a happy song it makes you smile just by listening to it.

Should've Said No: This song is another perfect song if you've been cheated on. I also found that if you change some of the words this is the perfect song if you've been betrayed by a friend. She's saying that he never should have cheated on her. He never should have put her in this position because if he hadn't things would still be amazing between them. I find this song relatable with being hurt by a friend too because a lot of us have had a close friend of ours do something with the guy we liked. Then after they do it they beg for you to forgive them and you feel like saying if they hadn't done it in the first place they wouldn't have to worry about you forgiving them. "You should've said no, you should've gone home. You should've thought twice before you let it all go, you should've known that word bout what you did with her would get back to me. And I should've been there in the back of your mind, I shouldn't be asking myself why. You shouldn't be begging for forgiveness at my feet, you should've said no, baby and you might still have me."

Mary's Song (Oh My My My): This song is so sweet and it reminds me of the movie Sweet Home Alabama because it's a country love story. It's about a girl and a boy who grew up together and their parents always thought it would be funny if they fell in love when they got older. The song starts off when the little girl is seven and the little boy is nine. She talks about how she would dare him to kiss her but then she'd run when he tried. Then it goes to when she is sixteen and they are dating. Their parents laugh because they are so happy that the kids actually got together. Then the songs talks about when they get engaged and how they'll have babies together one day. It's such a sweet song that I think everybody should listen to.

Our Song: When this song came out on the radio people-including me-went crazy. Our Song is so catchy and sweet you can't help but love it. She's talking about how she's dating this boy and she realizes one day that they don't have a song. They are together when she realizes this and he sees that something is bothering her so he asks her what is wrong. When she tells him he says, "Our song is the slamming screen door, sneakin' out late, tapping on your window. When we're on the phone and you talk real slow cause it's late and your mama don't know. Our song is the way you laugh the first date 'man, I didn't kiss her, and I should have' and when I got home before I said amen asking God if he could play it again."

BONUS TRACKS

I'm Only Me When I'm With You: The title of this track pretty much explains everything you need to know about the song. This girl doesn't feel like anybody can understand her except for this boy that she's dating. She can be a complete goof with him and he doesn't care. I really like this song because it's not just mushy love stuff but very real and (yet again) relatable. "I'm only up when you're not down. Don't wanna fly if you're still on the ground it's like no matter what I do. Well you drive me crazy half the time the other half i'm only trying to let you know that what I feel is true. And i'm only me when i'm with you." I also wanted to say that this song could be about a friendship you have with someone, or about your family.

Invisible: This song is similar to Teardrops On My Guitar because they are both about how she's infatuated with this boy but he doesn't like her back. However Invisible is a little different because in this song the boy doesn't even really know who she is. She talks about how she wants him the way he wants this other girl. She is upset because this other girl that he likes doesn't even understand him and she's never going to love him the way that the girl in the song can. "I just wanna show you she don't even know you. She's never gonna love you like I want to. And you just see right through me and if you only knew me we could be a beautiful miracle unbelieve, instead of just invisible."

Perfectly Good Heart: This song is about the first time you truely get your heart broken. She says how maybe she should have seen the signs that he wasn't in love with her, that there was a distance in his eyes that she ignored. But now even as he walks away from her she still can't believe that he would do it and that he doesn't love her. She can't see why he would break her heart and just walk away. "Why would you wanna break a perfectly good heart? Why would you wanna take our love and tear it all apart now? Why would you wanna make the very first scar? Why would you wanna break a perfectly good heart?"

Favorite Song On The Album: Should've Said No
Least Favorite Song On The Album: Invisible

(The lyrics mentioned in this post do not belong to me. Copyright infringement not intended.)

0 comments: