THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Orianthi

Orianthi "Believe" 2009

According To You: First things first, this is a great song to start the album off with in my opinion. It's catchy and has a lot to offer. I know that this song works for many girls out there because it's about something that almost every girl has gone through. You're dating that guy who is kind of a jerk. He critisizes what you do and you're just sick of it. Then you find the guy who thinks all of your little quirks are cute. This song is exactly talks about all of that and also shows off Orianthis amazing guitar playing. So if you're going through all of that, give this song a listen.

Suffocated: I think that this song is about a girl who is dating a guy and things are amazing in the begining, as they usually are. But then the longer they are dating the more suffocated she begins to feel and things just don't seem to be as good as they once were. I feel like I can relate to this song because I have been in the same position as have many people. That's why I think that this is such a great song because she is explaining how I feel.

Bad News: I love this song because she is saying that she knows that this person has bad news and she wants to know what it is. A lot of times people won't tell you their "bad news" because they are afraid it's going to upset and hurt you, when really you can handle it. This is a fun song to blare and sing along to aswell but it's the lyrics that make it so fantastique. "Gimme the bad news baby now don't turn away. I know the truth no matter what you say. Gimme the bad news, the bad news today."

Believe: This song actually reminds me a lot of the singer Kate Voegele. I think that Orianthi sounds a bit like her on this track and the lyrics sound like something that would come from Kate Voegele. This of course makes me love it even more because i'm a huge Kate Voegele fan. Believe is about how she was in a relationship and she got hurt. She wants to put herself back out there but she is afraid of getting hurt. This song is very relatable because many of us have been hurt and now are afraid to put ourselves out there again for fear that it will happen again.

Feels Like Home: I think that this track is about her life and how she moved out to California to persue her dreams in music. Shes saying that she was scared at first to go out on her own but once she gets there she realized that this is what shes meant to be doing. She's supposed to be in California chasing after her dreams. So therefore it feels like home.

Think Like A Man: Think Like A Man is the angry chick anthem. I adore this song because it is so on the spot its rediculous. So many of us have been in relationships where we sit by the phone and wait for the guy to call and he doesn't. Thats why I love this song because shes talking about how from now on shes going to think like a man. Shes not going to sit around and mope shes going to do what a guy would and not give a damn. These lyrics alone should make you want to go out there and check out this song. "Must be if you if the phone don't ring. Here I am obsessing, he loves me yeah he loves me not. I tell myself I should just learn to shut up. No I need to be like you."

What's It Gonna Be: This is an amazing rock song. The guitar is sick and Orianthis vocals are just fantastique. She's talking about how this guy is treating her like crap and he keeps bringing her down. She is fed up with it and she doesn't care anymore, so she's saying that if he doesn't clean up his act then she's gone.

Untogether: If you've ever wondered what it would sound like if John Mayer and Santana were mashed together then look no further. The guitar is great in this song, which isn't to surprising because Orianthi is one of the greatest guitar players ever. I mean why else would Michael Jackson want her to play with him for his This Is It tour. "I don't wanna make the same mistake again and I'm through with you. And you're not moving up any faster. I don't wanna wait for you to change. You're always gonna stay untogether." We've all felt that way about someone and now Orianthi says it in this song.

Drive Away: Drive Away is such a great song because she's talking about how she met this guy and she knew right away that they were meant for eachother. She talks about how all she wants is for them to just drive away. It doesn't matter where they go as long as they are together.

Highly Strung: Sick, wicked, crazy, intense, bad ass, unbelievable, amazing. Orianthi shows off her mad guitar skills in this song so much that it makes you want to get up and be just like her. I recommend that everyone listens to this track.

God Only Knows: This song is heartbreaking because shes talking about someone who has passed away and shes upset about it because she never had a chance to say goodbye. I read that she wrote this song partly for Michael Jackson because he was such an inspiration to her and she never got to thank him enough for everything he gave her. This is such an amazing song and it truly touches your heart.

Favorite Song On Album: Bad News
Least Favorite Song On Album: God Only Knows


(The lyrics mentioned in this post do not belong to me. Copyright infringement not intended.)

0 comments: