THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Adam Lambert

Adam Lambert "For Your Entertainment" 2009

Music Again: If you are a Freddie Mercury fan you'll be a fan of this song. The notes that Adam Lambert hits are exactly like the ones that Freddie Mercury has graced our ears with. The music reminds me of the song Real Wild Child by Christopher Otcasek, which was one of the songs from the movie Pretty Woman. This track is one of my favorites off of the album, its one of those songs you blare in your car when you're driving.

For Your Entertainment: Feet tapping, hip moving song. I will be honest with you and tell you that when I first heard this song-which was the first single off of this album-I was not thrilled. I was a little dissapointed at the pop aspect of it because I thought that Adam Lambert has an amazing rock vibe. But now as I listen to it more and more I realized that this is just one side of Adam Lambert, and it will keep you dancing all night long.

Whataya What From Me: "But I think you could save my life, Just don't give up. I'm workin' it out. Please don't give in I won't let you down. It messed me up. Need a second to breath. Just keep coming around. Hey. What do you want from me." I think that those might just be some of the most honest and raw lyrics i've heard in a while, which isn't surprising since P!nk is a co-writer on this track. This song is amazingly beautiful. When you are feeling like people are expecting more than you can give them and you just need a moment, listen to this song it will say what you're trying to.

Strut: If you're wondering what a song would sound like by the male version of Britney Spears..this would be it. The dance beat and the lyrics are reminiscent of almost every Britney Spears song out there. Good dance track.

Soaked: If you are a fan of Moulin Rouge or Phantom of The Opera or basically anything from Broadway I have no doubt in my mind you'll be a fan of this song. Adam Lambert shows of his vocal range like no other in this song. It's not a top 40 but it's definatly moving. I can say im a fan of this song, I can't seem to stop listening to it.

Sure Fire Winners: This song is electronic pop mixed with amazing vocals, which isn't something you come across to often. If you've just won something exciting this is the song I would play. Its fun and upbeat and the lyrics are definatly orinigal.

A Loaded Smile: Well first of I'd like to say that Adam Lambert sounds a lot like Darren Hayes from Savage Garden in this song, so if you are a fan of his voice im sure you'll like the vocals in this song. Second have you ever been in a relationship with someone where you like them but don't at the same time. One second you feel whole with them but the next you feel empty. If you answered yes to those then this is the song for you.

If I Had You: If I Had You is another high paced dance track. But aside from some of the suggestive lyrics in this song the chorus is rather nice. I find myself wondering what this song would sound like if the chorus was the same but everything else was different.

Pick U Up: This is definatly one of those songs that I think would have been better if it wouldn't have been so fast and dancey. In my opinion this would have been better as a ballad. But thats just my opinion.

Fever: Hmm..Fever..Well if you've been living under a rock and you didn't know that Adam has come out as a gay man you'd know after hearing this song. Don't get me wrong at all, I do not have ANY problem with Gay men or women-im a huge gay rights activist in fact. But this song is all about sex. Plain and simple. If this sounds like a Lady Gaga or Britney Spears song that would be because Miss Stefani Germanotta better known as Lady GaGa is a cowriter on this track.

Sleepwalker: Sleepwalker is a great breakup song. "Outside the rain's pouring down. There's not a drop that hits me. Scream at the sky but no sound is leavin' my lips. It's like I can't even feel after the way you've touched me. I'm not asleep but im not awake after the way you loved me." It reminds me of one of those songs you'd see on a reality show like The Hills after somebody gets their heart broken. This song also features the guitar stylings of Orianthi, who was the lead guitarist for Michael Jackson's This Is It Tour.

Aftermath: This is the "speak your mind no matter what anybody thinks" track on this cd. It is songs like this one that I expected to hear on Adams debut album. It's very inspirational, and the vocals are just as amazing.

Broken Open: Beautiful. I really have nothing else to say about this song. It's just...beautiful.

Time For Miracles: This track is the main track from the movie 2012 and in my opinion is one of the best songs on the cd. Im in love with this song. It's the Adam we fell in love with on American Idol and you won't be dissapointed.

Favorite Song On Album: Whataya Want From Me
Least Favorite Song On Album: Fever


(The lyrics mentioned in this post do not belong to me. Copyright infringement not intended.)

0 comments: