THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga "The Fame Monster" 2009

Bad Romance: If you listen to top 40 radio I would be willing to bet super amounts of money that you've heard this song. Bad Romance is a sickingly catchy song that I myself am I huge fan of. I watched an interview with Lady Gaga where she said that this song is about loving someone so much that you even love all the bad in them. She says it right in the chorus "I want your love and I want your revenge, you and me could write a bad romance." I also love the part where she says "I want your love I don't wanna be friends." Lady Gaga really is a fantastique song writer because sometimes a "bad romance" is exactly what you want or exactly what you're going to get.

Alejandro: You could have many different interpretations of this song. Even I have a few ideas about what this song is actually about but the one that I believe most is that shes saying she doesn't want to be tied down. Alejandro loves her and shes still a girl, not a women, and isn't really ready for that kind of love and commitment. But i've heard other peoples ideas about it that make sence also. One person said that they believe that Lady Gaga is in a relationship with Alejandro but cheats with this Fernando and Roberto she mentions and she knows she needs to stop messing with all of them. Someone else said they also believe it's talking about a love triangle because she says "At this point I gotta choose, nothing to lose" All of these men want her and she knows she can't have all of them but she doesn't want just one. So as you can see there are many different ways to see this song but no matter which theory you agree with it is a great song and I recommend listening to it.

Monster: This song to me is pretty self explanatory. I might not be reading deep enough into it but I don't think I have to. She says in the song "He's a wolf in disguise, but I can't stop staring in those evil eyes" she then says "He tore my clothes right off, he ate my heart and then he ate my brain" So with those little pieces the way im taking this song is that she knows this guy is bad news but she can't help but be with him. He has her heart but then he 'ate her brain' and now she can't even see how bad of a guy he is or rather what a Monster he is. I know that 99% of girls have had this problem so if you are one of those girls listen to this song, it's for you.

Speechless: Speechless is probably my favorite track off of this record. I read that Lady Gaga/Stefani Germanotta wrote this song for her father when he was in the hospital because of heart complications due to heavy drinking. This would explain the references to alcohol and bars in the lyrics. I also read that her father didn't want to go through with the surgery and she told him that if he didn't have it and he died she'd quit the music business. That would explain the lyrics "I'll never talk again oh boy you've left me speechless." I also think this song could be coming from Lady Gagas mothers point of view. "And I know that it's complicated but i'm a loser in love so baby, raise a glass to mend all the broken hearts of all my wrecked up friends." She goes on to say "And i'll never love again" When you really think about the meaning behind this song it makes it breathtakingly beautiful and heartbreakingly sad.

Dance In The Dark: My interpretation of this song is that she's in an abusive relationship and when she "dances in the dark" she can actually be herself. But when shes with her boyfriend she breaks down. "Cause when he's looking she falls apart" I believe that Lady Gaga has hidden meanings in some of her songs. What I mean is when you first listen to this song you think this is catchy and you want to move to it. But when you really listen there's a deep meaning behind it. So if you are in a relationship with someone and you feel this way then I recommend this song.

Telephone: This track has two great voices on it, Lady Gaga and the very talented Beyonce. It is also very catchy. I can almost hear people downloading this song as their ringtone as I sit here and write this. The meaning of this song is that this guy is trying to call her after shes already made other plans because he didn't want to do anything with her. "You shoulda made some plans with me, you knew that I was free." So now he blew his shot because shes not going to drop everything just because all of a sudden he wants to do something "And now you won't stop calling me, i'm kinda busy" I know that there are many of you out there who have had this happen to you so all I have to say is...here is your song.

So Happy I Could Die: I read in an article online that Lady Gaga did an interview with MTV where she said that this song is about her fear of alcohol, drugs and addiction. At first I didn't think that could possibly be true because she says "Happy in the club with a bottle of red wine, stars in our eyes cause we're having a good time. So happy I could die and it's alright." I thought this meant that she is feeling on top of the world, everything is going great and she is so happy that if she died she would be fine. But then the more I thought about I could see a different side of it. Sometimes you get so caught up in everything like alcohol and drugs you don't take a step back and realize what you're actually doing to yourself. You are getting addicted and you could possibly be killing yourself, which at the moment might be fine with you because you're so happy you feel nothing could ever be better. But it's not really how you feel it's how the drugs and alcohol are making you feel. I had to listen to this song a few times to really see this side of it but i'm glad I did. This is a very meaningful song.

Teeth: I read that many people have said that this song has hidden meanings like some of the other tracks on this album. Well i'm sorry to burst your bubble but I really don't think it is. Feel free to prove me wrong but until then i'm going to say what I think it's about and that is sex. Plain and simple. Just letting go of everything and doing crazy and wild things. "I'm gonna love you with my hands tied." That does in fact sound rather dirty don't you think? Gotta love Lady Gaga and her creative terminolgy what with "disco stick" and all that. Someone wrote "This song is about oral sex and 'truth.' Hiding behind the physicality of the sexual act rather than getting to know the person." I think they have a very good point and I agree. So for all you people out there who still believe that there is a hidden meaning in this song feel free to leave me a comment and prove me wrong.

Favorite Song On Album: Speechless
Least Favorite Song On Album: So Happy I Could Die

(The lyrics mentioned in this post do not belong to me. Copyright infringement not intended.)

0 comments: