THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Tokio Hotel

Tokio Hotel "Scream" 2008

Scream: This is a great song to start the album off with because it makes you want to jump and kick stuff. It's about people always telling you what to do. "You get up and somebody tells you where to go to. When you get there everybody's telling you what to do." People are constintently telling other people what to do and how to act and this song is about just that. He's saying that everybody is bossing you around and they never even ask you how you feel, so you need to scream and let it all out. "Scream 'til you feel it. Scream 'til you believe it. Scream. And when it hurts you scream it out loud."

Ready Set Go: This was the first song that I ever heard by Tokio Hotel and the song that started my love for them. This song is one of my favorite songs of all time because it's fantastique all the way around. The lyrics are so powerful and I think that's one of the things that make it so special. It's about defying what people tell you and reaching for your goals and dreams. (Atleast that's what Bill, the lead singer, said in an interview.) I definatly recommend this song to everyone because it will inspire you.

Monsoon: Monsoon is one of the most beautiful songs on this cd because it has great lyrics and the instrumentals are breathtaking, in my opinion. The other reason that this song is so amazing is because there are a lot of interpretations of it. Almost every person i've talked to about this song has a different reason why they love it and relate to it. My interpretation of it is that it's about love. I think it's about going through all of this bad stuff in your life but it's all okay and you'll get past it because you've found the love of your life. It's like the bad stuff doesn't matter anymore as long as you have your loved one by your side.

Love Is Dead: Now here is a good break up song if you ask me. It's about someone who has broken your heart and its hurts so badly because you were very much in love with them. You feel all alone and your heart is breaking. He says, "We die when love is dead." Which I suppose you could feel differently about. I feel that what he's saying is that without the one you love you don't feel whole, like you can't live without this person. If you've felt like this before then I recommend this track because you can relate to it and it's not like other songs about heartbreak.

Don't Jump: Powerful is the word I would use to describe this song. He's talking about suicide and how things will always get better. You might feel like everything is going wrong and you can't go on any longer because you feel so lost, but things will look brighter eventually. "I scream into the night for you, don't make it true don't jump. The lights they won't guide you through, they're deceiving you don't jump. Don't let memories go of me and you. The world is down there, out of view please don't jump."

Live Every Second: Scream is a wicked album and Live Every Second is just another one of the awesome songs on it. This song is about living life to the fullest. It's saying you can't have regrets because the past doesn't matter it's the future that's important and you have do live every second before it's to late. This is a great alternative rock-like song that you want to blare. "Live every second here and now, don't let go before it's to late."

On The Edge: I think this song is about a girl who cuts herself. He says, "Her first time on the edge. The scars will stay forever, side to side with death." I think when he says side to side he's talking about the way she's cutting her wrists. It's all about a girl who wants more out of life and she's releasing all of her pain through cutting herself and one day she goes to far. "This last time even better. Darkness and light are blinding her sight. She's not coming back, not coming back."

Sacred: Sacred is another great song off of this album. I read somewhere that Bill wrote this song after watching the movie Titanic which would explain the part "My final wish will guide you out before the ocean breaks apart underneath me." However I don't know how factual that is. I feel that this song is either about someone he cares about or about someone who he loved who has passed away. So if you have someone you love very much that has passed away and they are "sacred" to you then this is a great song to listen to. It's a great song for anyone that means a lot to you.

Break Away: You could take this song as a song about a friendship that went bad or about a relationship that did. I'm thinking it's more about a relationship though. I think it's about when you're dating someone and they are trying to control you. They want to know what you're doing every second and you feel like you can't breath anymore. So now you break up with the person and you're telling them to back off because they can't make you stay with them. I know that i've felt like this before and i'm pretty sure that some of you guys have too. So if you have in fact felt this way then listen to this song. "I feel so claustrophobic here. Watch out! Now you better disappear. You can't make me stay i'll break away."

Rescue Me: I feel that this song is about a friendship but yet again it could also be about a relationship. He's very close with this person and they are the only person that can save him. This person has left him and he's so upset about it because they are so important to him. He feels like the walls are crumbling down on him and the only one who can help him is the person that's left him. A lot of us have felt this way so this song is super relatable. "I trusted you in every way but not enough to make you stay. Turn around, i've lost my ground. Come and rescure me. I'm burning can't you see. Come and rescue me. Only you can set me free."

Final Day: I read that this song is about Bills-the lead singer-fear of dying. He said that when he dies he doesn't want to know when it's going to happen. He wants to just live in the moment and keep enjoying life. I think that's a good way to live. If you stop being fearful of everything and just live your life then your life will probably be even better. Now i'm not saying go out and do stupid things i'm just saying don't be so afraid to try new things.

Forgotten Children: So unbelievably beautiful, that's how I feel about this song. It's about children who are forgotten by there families. They were either given up by there parents or they live with there parents but they are ignored. He's saying that even though these are just kids we all have feelings and voices and we deserve to be listened to. A lot of times kids run away and they end up dying because they can't make it out on the streets. "Just a normal day, streets turn into graves...So cold the night. The weak ones lose the fight. How many of them out there, no one seems to care." This song is so heartbreakingly beautiful and if you ever feel lost then listen to this track. "Lost and so alone, born but never known. Left all on their own forgotten children. We'll never hear a name, they carry all the blame. Too young to break the chains. Forgotten children. They see, they feel. Believe just like we do. They're laughing and crying, wanna live here like you and me."

By Your Side: I don't know how they do it but they have. This is another excellent song off this album. I love it because it's about something I think we all need, and that's someone who will be there for us. He's talking about how sometimes we feel alone and we are calling out for someone to help us but no one listens. This is my favorite part of the song, "I don't want to cause you trouble. Don't want to stay too long. I just came her to say to you turn around I am here. If you want it's me you'll see. Doesn't count far or near I can hold you when you reach me." Now how beautiful is that? I know that I want him to sing that to me that's for sure. :)

1000 Oceans: This is a very catchy song in my opinion and it's another one that could have many meanings. A lot of people see it as a song about a long distance relationship. He's in love with this girl and even though they are very far from each other he knows that one day they'll be together. He just wants her to trust that they'll be together and he's begging for her to not leave him. "I know somewhere there is a place just made for you and me. It all turned out a different way."

Favorite Song Off Album: Forgotten Children
Least Favorite Song Off Album:

(The lyrics mentioned in this post do not belong to me. Copyright infringement not intended.)

0 comments: