THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Hey Monday

Hey Monday "Hold On Tight" 2008

Set Off: The first song off an album sets the mood for the entire album-in my opinion-and apparently Hey Monday was aware of this because they started off the album with an awesome song. Set It Off is one of those songs that I just jump around to and sing to because it has a great beat to it and it's just fun to sing. The other thing that makes this song so great is the fact that it's basically saying screw you to the world. The message is that you don't care what other people think.

How You Love Me Now: A lot of people-including myself-have said that Hey Monday is like a knock off of Paramore. Don't get used to me saying this but I was wrong. Yes there are a few similarities between the two bands, first being that it's a band made up of all guys except for the lead singer. The other similarity is that, like Hayley Williams, Cassadee Pope has an incredible voice. I will say I don't think hers is as strong as Hayley Williams but that's just my opinion. I also want to say that Hayley Williams has a voice unlike any other so comparing the two of them together isn't really fair. How You Love Me Now is the first song that I ever heard by this band and as soon as I heard it I went online and ordered the cd. I didn't even bother to check out the other songs because I had faith that if their other songs were as good as this one that this would be a great album. I was right. This song is about a guy who is hanging out with this girl who really likes him but then she sees him messing with these other girls. She gets sick of his "but baby I don't love her like I do you please just take me back" boo hoos and kicks him to the curb. This song is so relatable so I really think you should give it a listen.

Homecoming: The begining of this song reminds me off seeing a twinkling light because it's so calm and beautiful. Then it transforms from a twinkling light to fireworks going off like crazy. Homecoming is another hit off of this album and if you listen to it you'll see why. I guess you could interpret this song in different ways but the way I see it is that this girl is dating this guy and they break up. She leaves and when she comes back home she keeps thinking about how things were when they were together and how much she cared about him. Soon after she realizes this she also comes to the revelation that they won't get back together because he's moved on. Oh so many of us have had a situation just like this or somewhat like this happen to us and if it has then here is your song.

Obvious: Another great song off of this album with great vocals and awesome instrumentals. You'll want to blare this song in your car and bob your head to it. It's about this girl who finds this boy and she really wants him. She knows that they are going to be together and she's just waiting for him to realize this too and make his move.

Candles: Candles is probably the most beautiful track off of this album in my opinion. It's about a girl who has been so upset because her and her boyfriend broke up. She's spent all of this time being heartbroken and now she's finally gotten her closure and is ready to move on. She has come to realize that even though she is alone she's going to be fine. I think this song has a great message and seriously it's worth your time. "Blow the candles out. Looks like a solo tonight but I think i'll be alright."

Run, Don't Walk: I like this song because it's very upbeat but has a great meaning. Sometimes you feel somewhat lost and you just want to get a change of scenery. You want to run away and it doesn't matter to you where you go as long as you can go. It's also sweet because she's talking about the person she's with and how she doesn't care if they get lost as long as they get lost together. "I don't care where we are or where we're headed to. But I know i'm lost, I'm lost with you."

Josey: Another great song because it has a great meaning but it's wrapped in an upbeat package. She's talking about a girl named Josey who is going through a rough time and is drinking all of the time. She wants to stop but then she just ends up doing the same things all over again. In the song she's telling Josey that things will be fine because she's just going through a phase. "Josey don't you worry, it's just a phase you're going through. Someday you will know just what to do. Josey, it's alright. Slap the hand that just keeps pouring. It doesn't matter, just do something."

Hurricane Streets: Awesome song because yet again it has a great meaning. She's talking about this "hurricane" being something that's messing things up in your life. Then she's saying that you need to clean up the mess. Don't worry about what's happened before because it doesn't matter. "Live faster, live stronger. Better speed up or get blown over. Time's wasting, how much longer before I get myself free of these hurricane streets."

Arizona: Another one of my favorites off of this album so of course I think you should listen to it. It's about a girl who lives in Florida and likes this guy who lives in Arizona. She drives all this way to be with him and when she gets there she realizes that he wasn't worth the drive. She's bummed about it because she drove so far to be with this guy she liked and then as soon as she get's there she realizes that it was a complete waste.

Should've Tried Harder: This is a really good track because many of us (especially girls) have been in a situation like this. You have a guy in your life and he's treating you like crap and you get sick of it. As soon as you let him now that you don't want to be with him anymore he's begging for your forgiveness. You just want to tell them that if they wouldn't have been such a jerk in the first place then you wouldn't want to break up with them. They should have been better to you when they had the chance. "If you wanted to be my only one. If you wanted to see this happen. Maybe you, you should've tried harder. If you thought I would leap into your arms everytime I would see your face then maybe you, you should've tried harder."

6 Months: This is a very sweet love song. I'm very happy with this song because most of the tracks off of this album are fast paced so even though they have great lyrics they kind of lose that special thing. But this song is on the slower side and it's just so beautiful. She's talking about this guy she's in love with and they both know that they are meant for one another. She speaks the words we feel when we love someone, which makes this so special. "Everything you say. Everytime we kiss I can't think straight. But I'm okay. And I can't think of anybody else who I hate to miss as much as I hate missing you. So please give me a hand, so please just take my hand."

Favorite Song Off Album: 6 Months
Least Favorite Song Off Album: Hurricane Streets

(The lyrics mentioned in this post do not belong to me. Copyright infrigement not intended.)

0 comments: