THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, February 12, 2010

Paramore

Paramore "Riot" 2007

For A Pessimist I'm Pretty Optimistic: I think that this song is about someone who let someone else down. She says, "I never wanted to say this, you never wanted to stay. I put my faith in you, so much faith, and then you just threw it away." Many people believe that this song was written about the former member of Paramore, Hunter Lamb, who quit the band in 2007. It would explain some of the lyrics like the ones I just mentioned, but i'm not making any guarantees that this song is about him. That said, this is a great song if you have ever felt like you put a lot of trust in someone and then they just quit on you.

That's What You Get: I am in love with this song because it is so honest. Relationships aren't always rainbows and sunshine, sometimes they are more like rain and dark skys. This song is about being blinded by love. Sometimes we love someone so much we let all of the bad things go even when they shouldn't be. You take the blame for things you shouldn't but you don't seem to care because you are in love. One day you are going to get fed up with it. You're going to realize that you aren't going to take the blame for things that the other person did. This song is about all of that. My favorite part of the song is, "Why do we like to hurt so much? I can't decide. You may have made it harder just to go on. And why all the possibilities, well I was wrong. That's what you get when you let your heart win."

Hallelujah: I believe that this song is about waiting and waiting for something you want to happen and then it finally happening. When your dreams come true or you get something that you really want you don't want to let it go. You aren't going to give up until you have it, and once you have it you aren't going to let it go. This is one of my favorite tracks off of this album because I think it's inspiring and beautiful.

Misery Business: The first time that I heard this song was on MTV and it was the acoustic version. It was that first time that I heard them that I fell absolutely in love with them. This song is about how she wants this guy but he has a girlfriend. His new girl is a huge..well..bitch and Hayley doesn't get why he is dating her. Hayley waits for him and finally she gets him, only problem is now the other girl is super pissed off at Hayley. But even the though girl now has it out for Hayley she doesn't care and she just smiles about it. One of my favorite parts of this song is, "Second chances they don't ever matter, people never change. Once a whore you're nothing more, i'm sorry that'll never change." I read that Hayley said that this is one of the most shameful songs on the record and it's really important to her to get out all of these things shes been holding in for a long time. Also she hopes that people will understand how important it is to let go. {Side note: This song is a great song to listen to if one of your friends betrayed you}

When It Rains: This song could have a few different interpretations. One is that it could be about someone who hurt themselves. She says, "How could you do it? Oh I, I never saw it coming. I need the ending so why can't you just stay long enough to explain." That to me sounds like someone who has comitted suicide. She is asking why they did it and she wishes that they were here to explain what they were thinking. This song could also be about someone cheating. You wish the person would just tell you why they did it but they just leave. Either way this song is very beautiful and it's a must listen.

Let The Flames Begin: I love this song because she's talking about people trying to bring you down and you don't let them. The line "I'll give it all my oxygen, so let the flames begin" is like saying she's providing the fuel to let them burn her but it's not going to happen. She isn't going to be hurt by what they say and I think that is a great attitude to have. We should all think like that because then maybe we wouldn't get our feelings hurt so quickly. So the next time somebody trys to push you down listen to this song and remember to not let what they say get to you.

Miracle: In this song she is talking about how she hasn't been living life to the fullest and now she is going to let the memories fade and make new ones. She is going to take chances now and embrace the hope of a miracle. "I'm not going cause i've been waiting for a miracle. And i'm not leaving. I won't let you, let you give up on a miracle when it might save you." That to me sounds like she is friends with or dating someone who is about to give up and she's telling them not to. She doesn't want them giving up on this miracle that could make there life better.

Crushcrushcrush: So a lot of people have said that they think this song is about her having a crush on a guy and he doesn't like her back. I sort of think that but I also believe that there is more to it. I think that it's about a guy who likes her but won't admit it. She says in the begining of the song that his eyes are always glued to her and it makes no sence. I'm thinking that his friends are the ones who are making him stay away from her. This is sad for her because she likes him and she wants to spend time with him but she knows it isn't going to happen.

We Are Broken: I think that this song is about losing your innocence. What I mean by that is losing your hope. That innocence that makes us believe in ourselves, in our dreams. There is a lot going wrong in the world and all we want is for everything to be better and safe. We hide in our homes because the outside world beats us up sometimes. "Keep me safe inside, your arms like towers tower over me. Cause we are broken, what must we do to restore our innocence and all the promises we adored? Give us life again cause we just want to be whole."

Fences: First off I want to say that this song has a great beat and is very catchy. You will want to listen to this song over and over again so be prepared. This song sounds like it's about celebrities who are being torn apart by the pressures of being famous. "Just blame the limelight. Don't look up just let them think theres no place else you'd rather be. And it's obvious that you're dying, dying. Just living proof that the cameras lying. And open wide, cause this is your night so smile."

Born For This: Alright so I read that Hayley was feeling bummed one day because of the way the recording was going for the new album. She was also upset because of the bad things that critics and other people were saying about the band. She went home, got online and read some great things that the fans said. She then decided that the band didn't need the approval of magazines and critics as long as the band and the fans were having fun. After coming to this realization she wrote this song.

Favorite Song On Album: Hallelujah
Least Favorite Song On Album:

(The lyrics mentioned in this post do not belong to me. Copyright infringement not intended.)

0 comments: