THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Kelly Clarkson

Kelly Clarkson "All I Ever Wanted" 2009

My Life Would Suck Without You: I adore this song because it is super catchy and so much fun to sing along to. It's not a serious song which is obvious just by the title. I think that Kelly was just having fun with this song, which really does show. In case you've been locked in a closet somewhere and haven't heard this song then I'll tell you what it's about. She's talking about a guy she's dating, they argue a lot but they are meant to be together. Even though he drives her crazy sometimes her life wouldn't be good without him. I love that instead of a sappy song about love you get a fun song about love that is very blunt and speaks the truth. This is a must listen track!

I Do Not Hook Up: This song is like my theme song which some of you might find a tid bit silly. The reason I say this is my theme is because i'm not one of those girls who hook up with everyone. She's says in this song that she's not the kind to just hook up with someone, she falls for them. I don't know about you but I totally relate to that. This guy sounds like he's had some issues with past relationships and Kelly wants to help him but she wants a relationship with him not just a hook up. Also in case you weren't aware of this little fact, Katy Perry is the original singer of this song. She wrote it and had planned on putting it on her album but it got bumped. The song lyrics seem to fit Kellys personalitly more but the beat of the song fits Katys more. I'm a fan of both versions so I really recommend that you check them both out. Also instead of saying, "Keep your hand on my hand, your heart on your sleeve." Katy says, "Keep your thing in your pants, your heart on your sleeve."

Cry: This song will cut you deep believe me. It's so insanely beautiful because it's so honest. She's talking about how she was with this guy and they broke up. All of these people keep commenting on what a great relationship the two of them had and Kelly puts on a brave face when deep inside it's breaking her heart. Kelly is one of the most talented singers out there and she shows that talent in this song. "I'm talking in circles, i'm lying they now it. Why won't this all go away? Is it over yet? Can I open my eyes? Is this as hard as it gets? Is this what it feels like to really cry?"

Don't Let Me Stop You: Here is another song that i'm sure many of us feel could be written for us. She's talking about how she's in a relationship and usually she doesn't bring up her feelings when she's upset. But now she's noticing that her boyfriend doesn't seem to be as committed to their relationship as she is and she feels she has to say something. So she tells him that if he doesn't want to be in the relationship anymore then leave. She cares about him so of course she doesn't want to lose him but she knows that if he leaves she'll be fine. She's not going to stop him if he doesn't want to be with her. "Don't let me stop you from doing what you wanna do. You don't want to stick, trust me it's cool. Take no chance, get over you. No don't let me stop you. If you wanna leave baby you can leave. Just don't pretend you're into me if it ain't true. No don't let me stop you."

All I Ever Wanted: This is a great song because she's talking about this guy who wants to be with her one minute and then the next he's gone. She's crazy about him and she's saying that all she ever wanted was him. He seems to come back to her whenever it's convenient for him and she's finally realizing what he's doing. So now instead of saying that all she ever wanted was him she's saying that all she wants is to get over him. It's not cool to mess with peoples feelings the way the guy in this song is doing because it hurts. When you act like him you are seriously messing with peoples emotions and Kelly explains that in this song.

Already Gone: This is a very beautiful song and i'm pretty sure that most of you out there that have heard it agree with me. In this song she is talking about a relationship she had with this guy. They cared for each other but the relationship wasn't meant to be. Even if they would have tried harder it still would have ended. She leaves him because she knows that if she stays around he will never find true happiness, and that is all she really wants for him. "You know that I love you so. I love you enough to let you go." It's breaking her heart to break up with him but she knows it's for the best. Throughout the song you get the vibe that she's trying to convince herself that what she did was the best decision. She keeps thinking about how much she loves him but then quickly says to herself that leaving him was the only way he could be happy.

If I Can't Have You: This song is very pop so of course it will make you want to dance. She is saying that even though she knows that there are other guys out there that she could be with she doesn't want them. The only guy she wants is this dude in the song she's singing about. It's him or nothing. Plain and fricken simple.

Save You: I believe that this is the most beautiful song on this entire album. I also believe that this is one of the greatest songs ever. She is saying that she wishes that she could have saved this person from whatever happened to them. She doesn't know why she wasn't there when everything was going wrong and now she regrets not being there. I have read that the woman who wrote this song wrote it for her friend whos mother died of cancer. The woman who wrote this wanted her friend back home to know that she was thinking of her and wanted to be with her so she wrote this song. I feel that if you've lost someone close to you this song will mean very much to you.

Whyyawannabringmedown: Crazy is the word that comes to mind when I hear this song. I'm not kidding people she goes nuts! Her voice is killer and it's perfect for this song. When you listen to this you want to blast it and freak out. This person keeps trying to bring her down and she's like what the heck is your problem?! She isn't going to put up with this crap and man oh man she sure does let them know it. Seriously sick vocals!

Long Shot: Have you ever liked someone but didn't tell them because you figured that it wouldn't work out? Mhmm yeah well apperently Katy Perry and Matt Thiessen (a.k.a. the frontman of Relient K) have been there too because they wrote this song. In this song Kelly is singing about how she likes this guy but she's not sure she wants to do anything because she figures it won't work out. But then she decides to give it a shot and see what happens. She realizes that even though it might not work out between them if she doesn't admit her feelings to him she will regret it.

Impossible: This song is about overcoming obstacles in life. It's about looking past what people say about things being impossible and making them possible. Sure sometimes you might fail but that is life and you'll just get back up again. You will make mistakes but you can't worry about them. "You say can't change the wind. You say won't matter anyway. Can't reach that far 'cause it's impossible. Can't rise above this place. Won't change your mind so I pray. Breaking down the walls, do the impossible."

Ready: I read that in an interview Kelly said this song is about the music industry and her struggles as an artist to be heard. "Leaping from this cliff in my thoughts. I fly like the stones in my heart. Drowning in doubt for what reason. I sit so patiently, drenched in what you want me to be. I can't escape." Now if you haven't heard this song yet I want you to know that even though the lyrics I just mentioned make the song sound slow and kind of sad it's not. It's a very uplifting song in my opinion. It has a great beat and great vocals as usual.

I Want You: I have to be honest with you, when I first heard this song I thought of the movie Bring It On. It's not a song that we are used to hearing from our dearest Kelly. I'm not sure how I feel about this song yet. I like it because it's catchy but it's just not fitting for Kelly. She's talking about a guy who has a bit of an attitude, he hates his job, and he has a short fuse but for some reason she loves him. He makes her smile and she's very happy with him. It's a very sweet pop song.
WARNING: This song will make you think of people holding hands and skipping through a field of daisies with super cheesy smiles on there faces.

If No One Will Listen: This is a truely beautiful song. It's about her being there for someone who is going through a very hard time. "If no one will listen, if you decide to speak. If no one is left standing after the bombs explode. If no one wants to look at you for what you really are, I will be here still." This is a very touching song and I hope you go listen to it.

Favorite Song On Album: Save You
Least Favorite Song On Album: I Want You

(The lyrics mentioned in this post do not belong to me. Copyright infringement not intended.)

0 comments: